I Can Statements
- I can:
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience (6-8.WHST.4)
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen my writing as needed by planning, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on how well purpose and audience have been addressed. (6-8.WHST.5)
- I will know my draft is of high quality when it:
- Approaches the requirements for the assignment in terms of content, format, and length
- Considers the needs of purpose and audience
- Is clear and coherent (a complete draft)
- Provides a logical progression of ideas
Suggestions for Assessing Student Readiness to Move Forward:
- Confer with students, reviewing their drafts first for ideas, details, and organization to ensure they meet the requirements of the assignment, purpose, and audience.
- Ask students to use rubrics or checklists to self-assess their work and develop a plan for revision.
Give students tutorials (in class or online) in differentiated groups based on the platform they have chosen.
Create centers with specific supports or lessons based on student need to support differentiation as students choose to work with different technological programs
In writer’s workshop-style have students draft their presentations. Through teacher and peer conferencing, students can receive individualized support.
Tutorials for using various multimedia presentations