Time To Complete
I Can Statements
- I can:
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on how well purpose and audience have been addressed. (6-8.WHST.5)
- I will know my use of feedback and revision are of high quality when my draft:
- Incorporates feedback from peers and adults
- Is edited for content, form, and standards of written language
- Meets the requirements for the assignment in terms of content, format, and length
Suggestions for Assessing Student Readiness to Move Forward:
- Confer with students, first asking them to point out specific revisions they made and explain how they incorporated feedback into their work; later, review their drafts for format and correctness.
- Ask students to use rubrics or checklists to self-assess their work and develop a plan for further revision or editing.
Using the rubric, model for students how you may go about making various improvements to an infographic that addresses various areas of the rubric.
Using feedback, model for students how to make changes based on comments from a reader.
After reviewing drafts you may want to order a specific set of mini-lessons based on student need. These mini-lessons can then become part of the expectations for revising.
Rubrics for Infographic