Time To Complete
I Can Statements
- I can succinctly and accurately describe my engineering design process and present my design, model, or prototype.
- I will know my sharing of solutions is of high quality when it:
- Includes information about my design process
- Includes information about my design, model, or prototype
- Meets the requirements for the format of the presentation
Suggestions for Assessing Student Readiness to Move Forward:
- Confer with students, asking them to point out specific examples of information about both the design process and their product in their presentation.
Students develop posters that describe their product/system and their design process.
Students create engineering design presentations for their peers or to be presented publicly
Students host an “Engineering Fair” where they demonstrate their products and present their design process.
Overview of oral and poster presentations in science: http://ppop.stanford.edu/ResearchPresentations.html
Resources from the International Student Congress of (Bio)Medical Sciences: http://iscoms.com/participation/application/tips-tricks/tips-and-tricks-from-the-internet-for-oral-presentations-and-posters-by-james-c-coyne-phd/
http://www.writing.engr.psu.edu/posters.html (includes samples and links to other resources)