reDesign works with districts, networks, and individual schools to develop mastery learning systems that maximize personalization through:
- Design of a mastery-based advancement system
- Articulation of explicit, measurable competencies
- Design and implementation of meaningful and positive assessment opportunities
- Development of programs that allow students to access timely, differentiated support
- Organization of an academic program around learning outcomes that emphasize the creation and application of knowledge
reDesign's team has developed extensive open-source resources on Mastery Learning, available in the Mastery Learning section of our Design Lab.
"Your support in the launch of our two mastery-based schools has been invaluable. Your ability to work hand-in-hand with both central office and school-based staff to bridge the gap between the District's conceptual system of mastery learning and on-the-ground implementation has been supportive, practical, and rigorous. Your coaches have been key to helping us develop school-based systems mastery learning that are transforming teacher practice, student learning, and the overall functioning of our schools."
Grace Cannon, Executive Director of New School Models, School District of Philadelphia